Swift microwave therapy is an FDA-cleared treatment used to remove plantar warts –– small, hard bumps that form on the weight-bearing areas of the feet.
It uses low doses of microwave energy to target and kill the human papillomavirus (an infection that causes plantar warts to form). Swift microwave therapy stimulates your body’s natural healing response, encouraging your immune system to fight back.
Make an appointment at Foot and Ankle Wellness Center for Swift microwave therapy if you have any of the following symptoms:
Plantar warts may increase the risk of complications if you have diabetes or another medical issue that affects blood flow to your feet.
Swift microwave therapy is an outpatient procedure that takes 5-20 minutes.*
Your Foot and Ankle Wellness Center provider has you remove your shoes and socks. They then take the handheld Swift microwave applicator and put a clean, disposable tip on the bottom. Your provider applies the tip to the top of the wart (or warts) for several seconds.
The handheld applicator emits microwave energy, rapidly heating your wart and causing localized cell destruction. The heat kills the virus responsible for the wart, causing it to shrink and fall off over time.
Yes. Swift microwave therapy is a cumulative treatment, meaning the results increase over time. Most plantar warts require 3-4 Swift treatments spaced about a month apart.
After treatment, you can wear your socks and shoes and return to routine activities immediately. There’s no downtime, recovery period, or risk of infection.
Swift microwave therapy is safe and typically well tolerated. After each treatment, it’s normal to experience mild soreness and increased foot sensitivity, but these issues should resolve quickly. If they continue or affect your mobility, contact Foot and Ankle Wellness Center immediately.
Call the nearest Foot and Ankle Wellness Center office today to learn more about Swift microwave therapy, or make an appointment online.
*Individual results may vary.